|What our customers have to |
say about our bootcamps:
(view all testimonials here)
"...definitely a worthwhile investment."
Ing. Pedro Fernando Pardo R., Software y Servicios Informáticos Ltda
|"This being my first IBE event I did not know what to expect, but it did exceed expectation as compared to other in-depth trainings I’ve attended. ... I absolutely would recommend the HK software team!" |
Dustin Waling, BuilderMT''
|"I wanted to thank you for the past 2 days training. It was been a pleasure meeting you and really really educational training. It was a lot of material covered and I look forward we can work together soon." |
Eduardo Rocha, Avatar Solutions
|"...very informative. Customer projects that I have implemented ... can now be extended and optimized even further on the basis of the newly acquired knowledge. |
"... I can develop much faster in the database and integrate these improvements in customer projects and also in our ERP software.
"Holger Klemt also constantly offers tips, advice and guidance .. so that you can avoid a variety of "beginner mistakes" from the outset, which would otherwise make life very difficult later.
"Participation in IBExpert workshops is firmly fixed in my schedule every 1-2 years."
Michael Clemens, Line Software GmbH
|"Three days pure Firebird: Firebird internals, Firebird replication, Firebird configuration, repairing Firebird, optimizing Firebird, basically: all things Firebird. It's not possible to pack more Firebird theory and practice into three days! |
"The very next day, following the recommendations, we set about configuring a new PC as a Firebird server, initially without any software optimization: a LIKE search across all data by customer name previously took about 15 seconds, with the new server 2 seconds. Price of the previous server: 3,500 €, price of the new FB-Server PC: 1,000 €.
"We will need a few months to digest it all, and implement other parts of our newly gained knowledge. Thanks for the video recordings; they help enormously!"
Chris Hölzemann, Jürgen Medart, Ingenieurbüro Medart
|""We would like to thank you for an excellent workshop. We've really learnt a lot about Firebird and IBExpert... |
"PS: This was by far the best workshop I've ever participated in!" "
Tele-Trac Kommunikations GmbH
view all testimonials
English-language Bootcamp in Frankfurt/Main: 30th-31st May 2017!
From August 2016 onwards, IBExpert will once again be offering regular monthly workshops, currently planned in German (if you're interested in an English-language course, please take a look at our IBExpert Firebird Bootcamp as corporate training).
The Firebird 3 Bootcamp is for admins and developers who have been actively working with Firebird for at least 2 years. The focus is on upgrading to Firebird 3 and optimization of your own database environment (also for Firebird 2.x). You can expect interesting talks covering all aspects of Firebird, IBExpert, Lazarus and Delphi development. The focus is on the practical application of the technologies and methods presented, which can also be implemented with other programming languages.
Optionally you can also participate on the additional third day: IBExpert Firebird Admin Bootcamp.
Benefit from the knowledge of the IBExpert database experts.
- Debugging a Delphi/Lazarus database application with the integrated debugger
- Create appropriate events for additional protocols without the Debugger
- Server-side monitoring of database applications
- Establishing a 24/7 monitoring protocol on the server
- Network monitoring of database communication at TCP/IP packet level
- Performance comparison of different components: TxxTable, TxxDataset, TxxQuery etc.
- Identify and assess automatically component-generated SQLs
- Identify SQLs on the server based on source code additions in the Delphi/Lazarus source code
- Automatically supplement own profiling methods in the Delphi/Lazarus source code
- Autocommit or manual commit?
- Use Prepare or not?
- SQLs with or without parameters? Advantages and disadvantages!
- Integrate block commands
- Basic knowledge regarding the Firebird server functionalities and architecture
- Detect inadequate transaction handling and assess impact
- Locate long-running transactions in network operation, identify the cause
- Techniques to end long-running transactions on the server side
- Analyze trigger sequences and log the process
- Measure and evaluate speed benefits of stored procedures
- Create and debug stored procedures and triggers using IBExpert
- Global database analysis: lack of primary keys, detection of duplicates, false and missing indices
- Use calculated fields for maximum performance and manage display using permissions
- Use data types and table definitions properly
- Correct use of execute statement on external
- Visualize a database model using IBExpert
- Export a database model for version control in SVN or similar
- Use IBExpert to set up versioning of stored procedures and triggers
- Automate metadata comparison between the development database and the production database
- Automate an automatic data synchronization between multiple databases using scripts
- Data backup using Backup tools during normal operation
- Optimize running time of the data backup
- Shadow as an alternative high-speed backup method
- Basic knowledge of replication as a real-time backup
- Measure hardware speed and compare using IBExpert Benchmark
- Tips and Tricks to optimize hardware and software for a Firebird Server
- What does the new multiprocessing capability in Firebird 3.0 really achieve?
- Application possibilities of packages and internal functions
- What needs to be considered when migrating to Firebird 3.0?
- Benchmark comparison Firebird 2.5/Firebird 3.0
- Tips and tricks for everyday work
- Why write SQL commands yourself when these can be produced quickly and reliably using the IBExpert assistant
- Software models: Developer Studio, Company Year Edition and Day Edition
2 days, 9:00 am until 6:00 pm
- English-language Firebird 3/Admin Bootcamp, Orlando, USA: March 30th-31st, 2017
- German-language Firebird 3 Bootcamp, Wardenburg, Germany: 8th-9th May, 2017
- English-language Firebird 3 Bootcamp, Frankfurt/Main, Germany: 30th-31st May 2017
The fees depend upon which Bootcamp you wish to participate in at which location. Please mail firstname.lastname@example.org for our written quotation.
All prices subject to 19% German VAT/sales tax, when the event is being held in Germany. Other venues are subject to the VAT/sales tax rates and regulations in the country where the event is taking place.
You can reserve your place in our online shop or by e-mail to email@example.com.
Tagungshotel Hoechster Hof
65929 Frankfurt am Main
(9 km from the international Frankfurt/Main Airport (FRA))
Contact information Tagungshotel Hoechster Hof:
- Tagungshotel Hoechster Hof website
- hotel room online reservations (please book yourself)
We recommend you bring a laptop with your own development environment, as we like to demonstrate the technologies presented during the workshop based on real customer projects.
All fees are subject to the VAT/sales tax applicable in the country where it is taking place. This also applies to international participants. The participation fee is payable immediately upon receipt of invoice. Participation is possible only if payment has been received in full before the workshop begins. Workshop participation can be canceled up until 3 weeks (21 days) before the bootcamp begins.
In case of cancellation, the organizer will levy a cancellation fee of EUR 250 per person excluding VAT. After this date, it is no longer possible to cancel and the workshop fee must be paid in full.
The organizer reserves the right to make changes to the training program for organisational or other reasons. Payments will be refunded if the workshop has to be canceled by the organizer. Further legal claims against the organizers are explicitly excluded.
Please refer to our IBExpert GmbH Standard Business Terms, in particular the IBExpert GmbH Contract Terms for the Provision of Consultancy and other Professional Services (General Terms and Conditions Services).
The fees apply to online bookings in our online shop and immediate payment by bank transfer or using PayPal or Visa/Mastercard. The prices in our online shop are quoted excluding VAT! The number of places is limited. Should you have any further questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +49 (0) 4407 3148770.